In this article, we will discuss the Provoking Factors for Migraine (Cluster Headache). So, let’s get started.
- Food items such as cheese, dairy products, fruits, chocolates, ice-cream etc
- Food additives such as caffeine (coffee), nitrates
- Alcohol such as beer, red wine
- Hormonal changes such as menstruation, pregnancy, ovulation, oral contraceptives
- Visual triggers like bright lights, glare
- Auditory triggers like noise and music
- Olfactory triggers like perfumes, odours
- Miscellaneous triggers such as hunger, sleep, exertion, head and neck trauma, stress and anxiety, cough.
Note: The clinical interview of an acute headache patient should be quick and systematic including onset, location of pain, character, severity, duration of pain, precipitating and relieving factors. Past history of similar episodes, history of trauma, exertional aspect of headache, physical tests done earlier, any treatment taken earlier and relief obtained therefrom should be noted.