In this Article we will discuss about the “treatment of dengue fever” so, lets get started.
As there is no specific treatment for dengue,the fundamental treatment of Dengue Fever is Supportive Therapy.
(1) Use paracetamol to reduce pain and fever.
(2) Strictly avoid aspirin,ibuprofen,naproxene and other NSAID’s as they may worsen the bleeding tendency.
(3) Fluid Replacement Therapy (Oral or IV supplementation) in order to avoid dehydration.
(4) Platelets Transfusion is required as platelets count falls drastically in dengue fever.
(5) Dietary Supplement includes juice of papaya leaves, consumption of porridge,protein rich foods and Herbal tea.
In this article we will discuss about sign and symptoms of dengue fever and what possible preventive measures we should adopt in order be safe from this debilitating disease.
General Dengue Fever includes following symptoms:
Pain behind the eyes
High Grade Fever
Majority population recover within a week or so but some cases it results in a more severe form called dengue haemorrhagic fever.
Dengue Haemorrhagic Fever shows following symptoms:
Severe abdominal pain
Bleeding gums or epistaxis i.e bleeding from nose
Blood in urine, stools or vomit
Petechiae or Ecchymosis i.e bleeding under skin
Difficult or rapid breathing
Cold or clammy skin (shock)
Stay away from heavily populated or overcrowded places.
Use mosquito repellents, even in indoors like mosquito repellent roll-ons,creams etc.
Wear long-sleeved shirts and long pants tucked into socks in outdoors.
Make sure window and door screens are not left open and check for holes.
Prevent mosquitoes to enter your house.
Use mosquito nets.
Use camphor,neem oil and coconut oil to keep your house mosquito free.
Avoid collection of water, always remember to empty cans and bucket or cover them.