In this article, we will discuss INQOVI (Dosage Overview). So, let’s get started.
INQOVI is indicated for treatment of adult patients with myelodysplastic syndromes (MDS), including previously treated and untreated, de novo and secondary MDS with the following French-American-British subtypes (refractory anemia, refractory anemia with ringed sideroblasts, refractory anemia with excess blasts, and chronic myelomonocytic leukemia [CMML]) and intermediate-1, intermediate-2, and high-risk International Prognostic Scoring System groups.
Important Administration Information
Do NOT substitute INQOVI for an intravenous decitabine product within a cycle.
Consider administering antiemetics prior to each dose to minimize nausea and vomiting.
The recommended dosage of INQOVI is 1 tablet (containing 35 mg decitabine and 100 mg cedazuridine) orally once daily on Days 1 through 5 of each 28-day cycle for a minimum of 4 cycles until disease progression or unacceptable toxicity. A complete or partial response may take longer than 4 cycles.
Instruct patients of the following:
• Take INQOVI at the same time each day.
• Swallow tablets whole. Do not cut, crush, or chew tablets.
• Do not consume food 2 hours before and 2 hours after each dose.
• Take one tablet a day for 5 days in each cycle. If the patient misses a dose within 12 hours of the time
it is usually taken, instruct patients to take the missed dose as soon as possible and then to resume the
normal daily dosing schedule. Extend the dosing period by one day for every missed dose to complete
5 daily doses for each cycle.
• Do not take an additional dose if vomiting occurs after INQOVI administration but continue with the next schedule dose.