In this article, we will discuss about Cetuximab (Indications). So, let’s get started.
Cetuximab (ERBITUX®) is an epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFR) antagonist indicated for treatment of:
Head and Neck Cancer
• Locally or regionally advanced squamous cell carcinoma of the head and neck in combination with radiation therapy.
• Recurrent locoregional disease or metastatic squamous cell carcinoma of the head and neck in combination with platinum based therapy with fluorouracil.
• Recurrent or metastatic squamous cell carcinoma of the head and neck progressing after platinum-based therapy.
K-Ras wild-type, EGFR-expressing, metastatic colorectal cancer as determined by an FDA-approved test.
• in combination with FOLFIRI for first-line treatment,
• in combination with irinotecan in patients who are refractory to irinotecan-based chemotherapy,
• as a single agent in patients who have failed oxaliplatin- and irinotecan-based chemotherapy or who are intolerant to irinotecan.
Limitations of Use: Cetuximab ((ERBITUX®) is not indicated for treatment of Ras mutant colorectal cancer or when the results of the Ras mutation tests are unknown.