In this Article we will discuss the symptoms and treatment of Ebola Haemorrhagic Fever.
To know what’s Ebola virus visit
The incubation period of the infection is 2 to 21 days with average of 8 to 10 days i.e symptoms appear after 2 to 21 days of virus attack, the period between the virus attack and symptom appearance is called incubation period.
- Severe headache
- Muscle ache/pain
- Abdominal pain
- Unexplained hemorrhage (bleeding or bruising)
Treatment is basically symptomatic and good supportive care, proper hygiene, proper dietary and fluids supplement is an essential part of treatment. Treatment includes
- Providing fluids and electrolytes through intravenously.
- Oxygen therapy to maintain oxygen status.
- Medication to manage blood pressure, reduce vomiting and diarrhea and to manage fever and pain.
- Treatment for any complications associated with it.
Vaccinations available for Ebola Haemorrhagic Fever are: