In this article, we will discuss Ramucirumab (9). So, let’s get started.
Preparation for Administration
Inspect vial contents for particulate matter and discoloration prior to dilution. Discard the vial, if particulate matter or discolorations are identified. Store vials in a refrigerator at 2°C to 8°C (36°F to 46°F) until time of use. Keep the vial in the outer carton in order to protect from light.
• Calculate the dose and the required volume of Ramucirumab needed to prepare the infusion solution. Vials contain either 100 mg/10 mL or 500 mg/50 mL at a concentration of 10 mg/mL solution of Ramucirumab.
• Withdraw the required volume of Ramucirumab and further dilute with only 0.9% Sodium Chloride Injection in an intravenous infusion container to a final volume of 250 mL. Do not use dextrose containing solutions.
• Gently invert the container to ensure adequate mixing.
• DO NOT FREEZE OR SHAKE the infusion solution. DO NOT dilute with other solutions or co-infuse with other electrolytes or medications.
• Store diluted infusion for no more than 24 hours at 2°C to 8°C (36°F to 46°F) or 4 hours at room temperature (below 25°C [77°F]).
• Discard vial with any unused portion of Ramucirumab.