In this article, we will discuss Cabozantinib (Dosage Overview). So, let’s get started.
Renal Cell Carcinoma
Cabozantinib is indicated for the treatment of patients with advanced renal cell carcinoma
Cabozantinib is indicated for the treatment of patients with hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) who have been previously treated with sorafenib.
Important Dosage Information
• Stop treatment with Cabozantinib at least 28 days prior to scheduled surgery, including dental surgery.
• Do not substitute Cabozantinib tablets with cabozantinib capsules.
• Do not administer Cabozantinib with food. Administer at least 1 hour before or at least 2 hours after eating.
• Swallow Cabozantinib tablets whole. Do not crush Cabozantinib tablets.
• Do not take a missed dose within 12 hours of the next dose.
• Modify the dose for certain patients with hepatic impairment and for patients taking drugs known to strongly induce or inhibit CYP450.
Recommended Dosage for Hepatocellular Carcinoma
The recommended dosage of Cabozantinib is 60 mg once daily without food until disease progression or unacceptable toxicity.
Recommended Dosage for Renal Cell Carcinoma
The recommended dosage of Cabozantinib is 60 mg once daily without food until the patient no longer experiences clinical benefit or experiences unacceptable toxicity.