In this article, we will discuss Uridine Triacetate (Dosage Overview). So, let’s get started.
Uridine triacetate is indicated for the emergency treatment of adult and pediatric patients:
• following a fluorouracil or capecitabine overdose regardless of the presence of symptoms, or
• who exhibit early-onset, severe or life-threatening toxicity affecting the cardiac or central nervous system, and/or early-onset, unusually severe adverse reactions (e.g., gastrointestinal toxicity and/or neutropenia) within 96 hours following the end of fluorouracil or capecitabine administration.
Limitations of Use
• Uridine triacetate is not recommended for the non-emergent treatment of adverse reactions associated with fluorouracil or capecitabine because it may diminish the efficacy of these drugs.
• The safety and efficacy of Uridine triacetate initiated more than 96 hours following the end of fluorouracil or capecitabine administration have not been established.
• Adults: 10 grams (1 packet) orally every 6 hours for 20 doses, without regard to meals.
• Pediatric: 6.2 grams/m² of body surface area (not to exceed 10 grams per dose) orally every 6 hours for 20 doses, without regard to meals.