In this article, we will discuss Denileukin Diftitox (Dosage Overview). So, let’s get started.
Denileukin diftitox is indicated for the treatment of patients with persistent or recurrent cutaneous T-cell lymphoma whose malignant cells express the CD25 component of the IL-2 receptor.
Dosing Schedule and Administration
• Premedicate with an antihistamine and acetaminophen prior to each Ontak infusion.
• Administer at 9 or 18 mcg/kg/day by intravenous infusion over 30-60 minutes for 5 consecutive days every 21 days for 8 cycles.
• Do not administer as a bolus injection.
• Withhold administration of Ontak if serum albumin levels are less than 3.0 g/dL.
• Discontinue for adverse infusion reactions.