In this article, we will discuss Caplacizumab-yhdp (Dosage Overview). So, let’s get started.
Caplacizumab-yhdp is indicated for the treatment of adult patients with acquired thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura (aTTP), in combination with plasma exchange and immunosuppressive therapy.
- Caplacizumab-yhdp should be administered upon initiation of plasma exchange therapy. The recommended dose of Caplacizumab-yhdp is as follows:
- First day of treatment: 11 mg bolus intravenous injection at least 15 minutes prior to plasma exchange followed by an 11 mg subcutaneous injection after completion of plasma exchange on day 1.
- Subsequent days of treatment during daily plasma exchange: 11 mg subcutaneous injection once daily following plasma exchange.
- Treatment after plasma exchange period: 11 mg subcutaneous injection once daily continuing for 30 days following the last daily plasma exchange. If after initial treatment course, sign(s) of persistent underlying disease such as suppressed ADAMTS13 activity levels remain present, treatment may be extended for a maximum of 28 days.
- Discontinue Caplacizumab-yhdp if the patient experiences more than 2 recurrences of aTTP, while on Caplacizumab-yhdp.
If a dose of Caplacizumab-yhdp is missed during the plasma exchange period, it should be given as soon as possible. If a dose of Caplacizumab-yhdp is missed after the plasma exchange period, it can be
administered within 12 hours of the scheduled time of administration. Beyond 12 hours, the missed dose should be skipped and the next daily dose administered according to the usual dosing schedule.