In this article, we will discuss Cabazitaxel (Dosage Overview). So, let’s get started.
Cabazitaxel is a microtubule inhibitor indicated in combination with prednisone for the treatment of patients with hormone-refractory metastatic prostate cancer previously treated with a docetaxel-containing treatment regimen.
General Dosing Information
• The individual dosage of Cabazitaxel is based on calculation of the Body Surface Area (BSA) and is 25 mg/m² administered as a one-hour intravenous infusion every three weeks in combination with oral prednisone 10 mg administered daily throughout Cabazitaxel treatment.
• Premedication is recommended prior to treatment.
• Cabazitaxel should be administered under the supervision of a qualified physician experienced in the use of antineoplastic medicinal products. Appropriate management of complications is possible only when the adequate diagnostic and treatment facilities are readily available.
• Cabazitaxel Injection single-use vial requires two dilutions prior to administration.
• Do not use PVC infusion containers and polyurethane infusions sets for preparation and administration of Cabazitaxel infusion solution.
• Both the Cabazitaxel Injection and the diluent vials contain an overfill to compensate for liquid loss during preparation.