In this article, we will discuss about Atezolizumab (Dosage Overview). So, let’s get started.
Atezolizumab (TECENTRIQ) is indicated for the treatment of patients with:
• Locally advanced or metastatic urothelial carcinoma who:
• are not eligible for cisplatin-containing chemotherapy, and whose tumors express PD-L1 (PD-L1 stained tumor-infiltrating immune cells [IC] covering ≥ 5% of the tumor area), or
• are not eligible for any platinum-containing chemotherapy regardless of level of tumor PD-L1 expression, or
• have disease progression during or following any platinum-containing chemotherapy, or within 12 months of neoadjuvant or adjuvant chemotherapy.
This indication is approved under accelerated approval based on tumor response rate and durability of response. Continued approval for this indication may be contingent upon verification and description of clinical benefit in confirmatory trials.
• Metastatic Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer
Atezolizumab (TECENTRIQ) is indicated for the treatment of patients with metastatic non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) who have disease progression during or following platinum-containing chemotherapy. Patients with EGFR or ALK genomic tumor aberrations should have disease progression on FDA-approved therapy for these aberrations prior to receiving Atezolizumab (TECENTRIQ).
The recommended dosage of Atezolizumab (TECENTRIQ) is 1200 mg as an intravenous infusion over 60 minutes every 3 weeks until disease progression or unacceptable toxicity. If the first infusion is tolerated, all subsequent infusions may be delivered over 30 minutes.