In this article, we will discuss about Abemaciclib (Dosage). So, let’s get started.
Abemaciclib (VERZENIO™) is indicated:
• In combination with fulvestrant for the treatment of women with hormone receptor (HR)-positive, human epidermal growth factor receptor 2 (HER2)-negative advanced or metastatic breast cancer with disease progression following endocrine therapy.
• As monotherapy for the treatment of adult patients with HR-positive, HER2-negative advanced or metastatic breast cancer with disease progression following endocrine therapy and prior chemotherapy in the metastatic setting.
Recommended Dose and Schedule
When used in combination with fulvestrant, the recommended dose of Abemaciclib (VERZENIO™) is 150 mg taken orally twice daily. When given with Abemaciclib (VERZENIO™), the recommended dose of fulvestrant is 500 mg administered on Days 1, 15, and 29; and once monthly thereafter. Pre/perimenopausal women treated with the combination of Abemaciclib (VERZENIO™) plus fulvestrant should be treated with a gonadotropin-releasing hormone agonist according to current clinical practice standards.
When used as monotherapy, the recommended dose of Abemaciclib (VERZENIO™) is 200 mg taken orally twice daily.
Continue treatment until disease progression or unacceptable toxicity. Abemaciclib (VERZENIO™) may be taken with or without food.
Instruct patients to take their doses of Abemaciclib (VERZENIO™) at approximately the same times every day.
If the patient vomits or misses a dose of Abemaciclib (VERZENIO™), instruct the patient to take the next dose at its scheduled time.
Warnings and Precautions
• Diarrhea: Instruct patients at the first sign of loose stools to initiate antidiarrheal therapy, increase oral fluids, and notify their healthcare provider.
• Neutropenia: Monitor complete blood counts prior to the start of Abemaciclib (VERZENIO™) therapy, every 2 weeks for the first 2 months, monthly for the next 2 months, and as clinically indicated.
• Hepatotoxicity: Increases in serum transaminase levels have been
observed. Perform liver function tests (LFTs) before initiating treatment with Abemaciclib (VERZENIO™). Monitor LFTs every two weeks for the first two months, monthly for the next 2 months, and as clinically indicated.
• Venous Thromboembolism: Monitor patients for signs and symptoms of thrombosis and pulmonary embolism and treat as medically appropriate.
• Embryo-Fetal Toxicity: Can cause fetal harm. Advise patients of potential risk to a fetus and to use effective contraception.