In this article, we will discuss the Benefits of Regular Physical Activity and Exercise. So, let’s get started.
Benefits of Regular Physical Activity and/or Exercise
• Improvement in cardiovascular and respiratory function
• Reduction in coronary artery disease risk factors
• Decreased morbidity and mortality
• Decreased anxiety and depression
• Enhanced physical function and independent living in older persons
• Enhanced feelings of well-being
• Enhanced performance of work, recreational and sport activities
• Reduced risk of falls and injuries from falls in older persons
• Prevention or mitigation of functional limitations in older adults
• Effective therapy for many chronic diseases in older adults
Type of Physical Activities and Effect on Physical Fitness
• Aerobic Activity: Improves body composition and cardio respiratory fitness.
• Muscle-strengthening Activity: Improves muscular fitness such as muscular strength and endurance.
• Stretching Activity: Improves flexibility such as range of motion.
• Neuromuscular Activity : Improves neuromuscular fitness such as balance, agility and proprioception.