In this article, we will discuss Brief Note on Hernia. So, let’s get started.
A hernia is a protrusion ot usually a loop of bowel or a tissue through an opening in the wall of the abdominal cavity in which the bowel lies. Hernias are one of the most common conditions requiring surgery. Hermias can develop around the navel, in the groin or any places where you may have had surgical incision. Some hernias are present at birth.
Types of Hernia
• Inguinal henia
• Femoral hemia
• Umbilical hernia
• Incisional hernia
• Epigastric hemia
• Hiatus hernia
• Strangulated hernia
• Laparoscopic repair
• Chronice pain may result from surgical handling of the sensory nerve in the groin area during surgery, or after surgery from constricting scar tissue.
• Ischaemic orchitis due to thrombosis of the spermatic cord and venous congestion produces pain and swelling.
• Recurrence of the hernia due to excessive tension during repair, inadequate tissue, inadequate repair,
and overlooked hernias. Recurrence rates are 1-4%
• Increased chances of circulatory complications as prionty because of lower abdominal incision.
• Other expected common complication of abdominal surgery.
• Regular and routine physiotherapy preoperative and postoperative regime.