In this article, we will discuss the Advantages and Disadvantages of Laparoscopic Surgery. So, let’s get started.
It is the execution of established surgical procedures via telescopes and within the closed confines of abdominal cavity.
- Less post-operative discomfort
- Quicker recovery times
- Shorter hospital stays
- Earlier return to full activities
- Much smaller scars
- Less internal scarring
- Less wound infection
- Expensive equipment
- Need for specialist (Laparoscopic Surgeons)
- Requires more training and practice
- Cannot be a choice all the time
- Poor depth perception for surgeon
- Fulcrum effect of tools
- Loss of dexterity