In this article, we will discuss the Contraindications for Chest Physiotherapy. So, let’s get started.
- Untreated tension pneumothorax
- Unstable cardiovascular disorders: arrhythmias, hypotension, hypertension, organic heart failure, and pulmonary edema.
- Acute head or neck injury or surgery
- Increased intracranial pressure
- Dyspnea, orthopnea, severe lung disease, pulmonary emboli, large pleural effusion, anxiety, angina.
- Undiagnosed chest pain
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease with cor pulmonale, orthopnea, exertional dyspnea.
- Aneurysm or decrease circulation of main blood vessels
- Post eye surgery
- Hiatus hernia, esophageal anastomosis
- Active cases of tuberculosis
- Pulmonary edema, congestive heart failure
- Distended abdomen, pregnancy, ascites
- Severe surgical emphysema
- Neonates prone to intracranial bleeding
- Pain or discomfort restricting patient’s co-operation